Also known as crystal gazing or crystallomancy, allows a person to see psychic visions or impressions in a particular medium, such as a crystal ball or polished black surface such as a scrying mirror. Scrying is a powerful psychic tool. It can bring hidden knowledge and clairvoyant ability and can act as a portal to other planes of existence.
For centuries, many cultures have used scrying techniques for divining the past, present and future. Nostradamus was known to have scryed with a bowl of water to foresee the future. This powerful tool is also used to allow people to access an altered state of consciousness so they can connect with the spirit world and departed loved ones.
Scrying is the art of gazing into or upon a crystal or a mirror-like surface allowing the physical eyes to relax, and letting the inner psychic eyes open to receive visions or information. Scrying allows communication with higher realms, the subconscious self, and access to Akashic record (which contains the record of the soul, and information about All That Is, all that has been, and all that will be). Accessing the Akashic record can offer a vast source of timeless knowledge.
With scrying, a person has the ability to focus intent in order to receive visions and desired information. Scrying can provide a connection with one’s guides who can lead the scryer in astral travel and mental journeying through crystal gazing. Scrying develops one's clairvoyant abilities and is especially helpful in strengthening the third eye.
Scrying can be used to:
Receive clairvoyant visions
Access the Akashic Record
Contact spirits and spirit guides
Access knowledge from the higher realms
Heal yourself and others
Receive and transmit energy and information
Divine the past, present and future
Access a portal to the astral plane
Experience shamanic journeying
How to do Scrying:
1) Sit somewhere comfortable and quiet where you will be undisturbed for around 20 minutes.
2) Make sure the room is in darkness, with the only light source (preferably a white candle) behind you. Place your crystal in front of you at a comfortable level with no light reflection in it.
3) Focus on what you are seeking to gain from the experience, what your seeking.
4) Close your eyes and visualise a white bubble of light surrounding you and your crystal. Visualise the room being filled with love and protection. You are safe and in control within your bubble of protection.
5) Call upon your guides or guardians to help show you all that you need to know, to be given access to the Akashic record, with their blessing and support.
6) Begin to relax, breathe slowly and deeply into your abdomen. With each breath intake visualise yourself relaxing more and more. With every exhale visualise all the tension being released from your body. Try to count to 4 in, hold for 4, release for 4, 4 in, hold 4, release 4 and so on.
7) Feel yourself entering a light trance removed from time and the material world. Call upon your guides again to thank them for their protection and guidence then reaffirm your intentions.
8) Now open your physical eyes and gaze into the crystal. Peer deeply (don't hesitate to blink if needed) then try to relax your gaze and look a few inches beyond the crystal. Do not stare intently try to gaze in a relaxed manner. If your eyes want to close this is fine.
9) Create a conscious link between your third eye and the crystal by visualizing a ray of light coming out of your third eye and entering the crystal. After awhile the surface of the crystal will begin to change and fade, a mist or clouding will appear.
10) The inner eye sees into the mind, through the imagination so many people don't see the images appear with their physical eyes in the crystal, but see within the crystal and in the minds eye. The crystal is a focal point, a gateway within. Images can morph into other images or be symbols, or pictures of events. Do not try to control th experience just go with the flow, keep your mind blank unless you have a specific question and the answer will be shown to you.
11) Only scry for around 20 minutes at a time. When you have completed your journey begin to return to your body and ground your senses. Breathe fully and deeply feel youself stretching back into your body. Don't move to swiftly to soon, review what you experienced and write it down if you need to.
Scrying is a good tool to aid the many aspects of your spiritual growth With regular practice images can become clearer as your visual imagination (when your physical and psychic eyes see clearly together) becomes more disciplined and stronger, thus opening up a whole new world beyond that of the physical plane.